Martinsville Real Estate Listings and Information
Martinsville Houses for Sale
Note: Also see Bridgewater Township, NJ.
Martinsville is an unincorporated area located within Bridgewater Township in Somerset County, New Jersey. Martinsville is located in northeastern Bridgewater near Warren Township and Bernards Township. This also is a very hilly area as it is the portion of Bridgewater through which the Watchung Mountains pass.
Martinsville is a predominantly residential area, though it does have its own commercial center along Washington Valley Road and its own post office. Their 08836 ZIP Code also extends to the southern extension of Bernards.
Martinsville Public Schools
Martinsville is part of the Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District. All of the schools in the district are in Bridgewater except for Kennedy, which is in Raritan Borough. Schools in the district are six K-4 elementary schools — Adamsville School, Bradley Gardens School, Crim School, Hamilton School, John F. Kennedy School, Milltown School and Van Holten School — both Eisenhower Intermediate School and Hillside Intermediate School for grades 5-6, Bridgewater-Raritan Middle School for grades 7-8 and Bridgewater-Raritan High School for grades 9-12.
Private schools located in Martinsville include--
- The Giving Nest Preschool In Martinsville, Private · Preschool
1949 Washington Valley Rd, Martinsville
- Nicholas Montessori School, Private · Preschool
817 Chimney Rock Rd, Martinsville, NJ
- The Pingry School, Private · Grades K-12
P.O. Box 366 Martinsville Rd, Martinsville
During the 1999-2000 school year, Bridgewater-Raritan High School was recognized with the Blue Ribbon School Award of Excellence by the United States Department of Education, the highest award an American school can receive from the federal government.
Bridgewater is the home of the Somerset County Vocational and Technical High School, a four-year public high school that provides occupational and academic training to students from all of Somerset County.
Bridgewater Township is criss-crossed by several major highways, including Interstate 287, Interstate 78, U.S. 22, Route 202-206 and Route 28.
The Raritan Valley Line of NJ Transit also passes through Bridgewater. There are two stations in the Finderne area, the now-closed Finderne off Finderne Avenue and the Bridgewater station on the old American Cyanamid property.
NJ Transit bus service is provided on the 114 route to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, to Newark on the 65 line (Limited) and local Wheels service on the 884 and 989 bus routes.
Bridgewater Township is serviced by three local airports, Solberg-Hunterdon Airport to the west in Readington, Somerset Airport to the north in Bedminster Township, and Central Jersey Regional Airport to the south in Manville. These airports are open to the public and offer charter flight services as well as flight training and other aviation related services. They operate in all weather conditions and have instrument approaches available for use by pilots in bad weather.
Scheduled commercial passenger service is provided by Newark Liberty International Airport, located approximately 32 miles (51 km) away in Newark / Elizabeth.
Martinsville Points of interest
- Washington Valley Park, part of the Somerset County Park System, is located in Martinsville. The park offers extensive hiking and mountain biking opportunities. A notable hike in the park is an hour-long hike around the out-of-use Washington Valley Reservoir that once served Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- The Mount Bethel Baptist Meetinghouse, located about 2 miles north of Martinsville off Interstate 78, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Devil's Tree is a solitary oak located in a field on Mountain Road. Legend has it that it is the property of the Devil, and a gateway to Hell.
- There is a Revolutionary War cemetery in the Spring Run section of Martinsville, where soldiers of both American and British troops are buried, along with some early settlers of the area.
Bridgewater Township encompasses the small communities of Martinsville, Finderne, Bradley Gardens, Green Knoll, Somerville Manor, and Sunset Lake. The best of small-town living within easy access to major transportation routes makes the township a popular choice.
Restaurants in Martinsville
Some restaurants include--
- Gabriels Fountain (American) - 1948 Washington Valley Rd # 1, Martinsville
- Joe's Pizza (Italian) - 1938 Washington Valley Road, Martinsville
- Panatieri Pizza & Pasta (Italian) - 1910 Washington Valley Rd # 6, Martinsville
- New Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant (Chinese) - 1982 Washington Valley Road, Martinsville
- Martinsville Deli (Sandwiches) -1990 Washington Valley Rd, Martinsville
- Trio of Martinsville (Italian) - 1938 Washington Valley Road, Martinsville
- Vincenzo's Trattoria (Italian) - 1979 Washington Valley Road, Martinsville
- Pit Master (Barbeque) - 792 Chimney Rock Road, Martinsville
- Tropical BBQ (Barbeque) - 1958 Washington Valley Rd # 4, Martinsville
Martinsville Community Blog
Recently Listed - View All
1008 Severin Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2347 $665,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
1431 Hunter Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 07920-3583 $519,999 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
1910 Washington Valley Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08836-2015 $199,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
1921 Us Highway 22 Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08876-1519 $9,000,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
26 Blossom Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-3511 $449,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Cape Cod
53 Stone Gate Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1452 $899,000 5 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
49 Totten Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2384 $925,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
4 Redwood Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08836-2371 $639,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
1108 Carteret Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1307 $525,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
1920 Mastapeter Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08836-2110 $1,125,000 5 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
544 Steele Gap Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2339 $899,900 5 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
991 Crim Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1879 $725,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
15 Loller Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08836-2027 $1,330,000 5 Beds 5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
2192 Perrine Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08836-2306 $525,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
1220 Crim Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2350 $550,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
255 Victoria Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1287 $319,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
1760 Cedarcrest Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08805-1338 $489,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
65 Shady Lane Bridgewater, NJ 08805 $479,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Single Family
1330 Prince Rodgers Avenue Bridgewater, NJ 08807 $100,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Single Family
1085 Papen Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1385 $449,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
1303 Hemlock Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807 $449,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
53 Loft Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08836-2262 $565,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
29 Stella Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1839 $689,000 6 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
4 Linvale Ln Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2317 $600,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
Upcoming Open Houses - View All
924 Sunset Rdg Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1324 $999,000 5 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft CustomOpen HousesSun 1-4pm
3 Wilpert Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-4604 $775,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-4pm
991 Crim Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1879 $725,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-4pm
1180 Crim Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2390 $679,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-4pm
1008 Severin Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2347 $665,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
4 Redwood Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08836-2371 $639,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-LevelOpen HousesSun 1-4pm
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 220 Listings For Sale
- $697,189 Average Listing Price
- $268 Average Listing Price per Square Foot
Sold Market Stats
- 50 Properties Sold