Gladstone Real Estate Listings and Information
See also Peapack NJ as these two areas incorporated together.
Peapack-Gladstone is a borough in Somerset County in New Jersey. As of the 2010 Census, the borough population was 2,582, and was was incorporated as a borough by an act of the New Jersey Legislature in 1912 from portions of Bedminster Township.
Ranked by NJ Monthly website as the 3rd highest ranked borough in Somerset County in 2010, Peapack-Gladstone is considered part of the greater New York metropolitan area, as well as the larger New York–Newark–Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 5.8 square miles, all of it land.
Policing is provided by the Peapack Gladstone Police Department. Fire service is provided by the all volunteer 101-year-old Peapack Gladstone Fire Department. The department operates out of the fire station located on Dewey Avenue. Emergency medical services are provided by the non-profit, all volunteer Peapack Gladstone First Aid Squad.
Gladstone is the terminus of the Gladstone Branch of the Morris and Essex Lines, NJ Transit, taking commuters to Hoboken and Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan daily. Peapack has its own station less than 2 miles before the terminus. As for major highways, It is close to I-78 and I-287 and routes 202 and 206.
Students in grades K–12 attend the schools of the Somerset Hills Regional School District, a regional school district serving students from Bernardsville, Far Hills, and Peapack-Gladstone, along with those from Bedminster Township who district's high school as part of a sending/receiving relationship.
The three schools in the district are Bedwell Elementary School (K - 4), Bernardsville Middle School (grades 5 - 8) and Bernards High School (grades 9 - 12). Many of the high school students travel to school using the train that links the two towns together.
Gill St. Bernard's School is a private, nonsectarian, coeducational day school, serving students grades Pre-K-12. The Cottage School and Cottage Elementary Schools serve students in preschool through early elementary grades.
Points of Interest include--
- US Equestrian Federation --- The regulatory organization for US equestrian sports since 1917, formerly the American Horse Show; Gladstone Equestrian Association, and US Equestrian Team headquarters is located at Hamilton Farm - 1040 Pottersville Road, Gladstone
- Natirar - A Somerset County Park, Natirar was formerly owned by His Majesty, Hassan II, late King of Morocco. The property spans Peapack-Gladstone, Far Hills and Bedminster, New Jersey.
- The Stable, Ltd. - Classic Car Dealer, Thoroughbred Motorcars, Established in 1973 - 217 Main Street Gladstone, NJ
- Open Space Trust Fund - The Borough of Peapack & Gladstone’s Open Space Trust preserves public and private lands to encourage sound conservation, municipal tax, and environment practices.
- Sybase Match Play Championship - This championship is professional golf tournament played on the LPGA Tour since 2010 and takes place at Hamilton Farm Golf Club in Gladstone.
- Pfizer Inc - a Pharmaceutical Company located at 100 Route 206 N, Peapack
Some restaurants include--
- Cafe Azzorro, 141 Main Street, Peapack
- Cocoluxe Fine Pastries, 161 Main Street, Peapack
- Dominick's Pizza - 31 Lackawanna Avenue, Gladstone
- Gladstone Tavern, 273 Main Street, Gladstone
- Sublime Restaurant and Lounge, 12 Lackawanna St, Gladstone
- Ninety Acres Restaurant, 2 Main Street, Peapack
National Register of Historic Places listings includes the Gladstone Station, Main St., Gladstone.
Peapack is believed to have been derived from "Peapackton", a Lenape Native American term meaning "marriage of the waters", a reference to the confluence of the Peapack Brook and Raritan River in the area. Gladstone was named in honor of William Ewart Gladstone, who served as British Prime Minister several times between 1868 and 1894.
A lime kiln was in operation until 1945, located at the center of Peapack. The town has a local bank aptly named The Peapack-Gladstone Bank that was established on September 21, 1921, originally named the Peapack-Gladstone Trust Company. It operates as the local bank for the greater region and is publicly traded under NASDAQ with the ticker symbol PGC.
Recently Listed - View All
28 Pottersville Rd Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2095 $694,750 5 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
66 Mosle Rd Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2134 $3,200,000 5 Beds 9 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
2 Dewey Ave Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2139 $535,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Victorian
16 Valley View Ave Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2025 $725,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
10 Hillcrest Ave Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2013 $395,000 5 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
10 Hillcrest Ave Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2013 $395,000 5 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
261 Route 202/206 Bedminster Twp., NJ 07921-2983 $310,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
255 Route 202/206 Bedminster Twp., NJ 07921-2983 $295,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
6 Brookside Dr Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2076 $849,000 5 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
35 Old Chester Rd Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2029 $739,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
15 Deer Path Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2101 $859,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
10 Deer Path Peapack Gladstone Boro, NJ 07934-2100 $899,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 14 Listings For Sale
- $929,165 Average Listing Price