Clinton Real Estate Listings and Information
Nestled among the gentle hills of Hunterdon County, New Jersey, the town of Clinton sits at the South Branch of the Raritan River. With its cherry tree-lined streets and winding river, Clinton’s image as a classic, all-American small town continues to attract people from all over, both as visitors of this charming hamlet and to call it their home.
Clinton has a total area of 1.4 square miles and borders Clinton Township, Franklin Township, and Union Township. As of the United States 2000 Census, the population of Clinton was noted as 2,632. The town was incorporated on April 5, 1865, and named after DeWitt Clinton, Governor of New York.
Mainly rural, Clinton has scattered housing developments and old farm homes. It serves as a bedroom community for many commuters working in and around Northern New Jersey and New York City. Located a mere 10 minutes away is the historic Borough of Flemington, quite similar to Clinton in many ways.
Clinton is located off New Jersey Route 31, which turns off from Interstate 78. Close proximity to I-78 allows residents of Clinton a convenient route to and from New York City. Philadelphia can also be easily reached from Clinton via Routes 31 and I-95. Public bus service (known as The LINK; part of NJ Transit) services Hunterdon County.
Clinton Public School is a K-8 school district in the Town of Clinton. The district currently serves students from the Town of Clinton and the Borough of Glen Gardner, who attend as part of a sending/receiving relationship, as well as other tuition-paying students.
North Hunterdon High School in Annandale is for public school students in grades 9 through 12. As part of the North Hunterdon-Voorhees Regional High School District, the High School serves students from Bethlehem Township, Clinton, Clinton Township, Franklin Township, Lebanon Borough and Union Township.
Museums, Parks and Recreation
- The Red Mill is located in the town center of Clinton. Built in 1810, it initially served as a woolen mill. Over the next century, it was used at different times to process grains, plaster, talc and graphite, as well as to generate electricity and pump water for the town. Special events and exhibits are often held at this picturesque Clinton landmark, which sits on the banks of the Raritan River.
- A mill built in 1836 is the site of the Hunterdon Art Museum, offering exhibits of contemporary art, crafts and design, as well as docent tours and educational programs for adults and children.
- Once part of the Lehigh Valley Railroad, The Landsdown Trail is now a graded rail trail, great for hiking, biking and cross-country skiing. Stretching seven miles from High Bridge to the Morris County line, The Columbia Trail provides communities with similar recreational options.
- Spruce Run State Park Recreation Area boasts 1,961 acres for picnicking, boating, fishing and seasonal camping.
- Round Valley Recreation Area offers wilderness camping, beaches, trails, fishing and boating.
- Cushetunk Mountain Nature Preserve features a scenic overlook as well as 380 acres for mountain biking, hiking/nature trails and nature study. Hunting is permitted.
- Hacklebarney State Park in nearby Long Valley offers 892 acres for picnicking, hiking, hunting and fishing.
- NJ Astronomical Association Paul Robinson Observatory (in Voohees State Park) houses the largest telescope in New Jersey and is open to the public.
Shopping and Dining
Main Street and Old Route 22 encompass the main thoroughfares of the historic Clinton business district. Lined by small businesses – many of which have been in town for more than 30 years – Clinton’s downtown possesses a special charm that simply cannot be found at the big malls and retail chains.
Offering shoppers products and services typically not found elsewhere, these one-of-a-kind independent businesses are part of Clinton’s enduring character. Specialty shops sell everything from antique and vintage home décor and furnishings, leather goods and clothing, to crystal giftware, handmade quilts, jewelry, and other products crafted specifically by local artisans.
Also plentiful in the downtown shopping district are restaurants, offering an array of foods and ambience. Find family-style meals, gourmet Italian bistros, cafes, organic options and delicious take-out, to burgers, sandwiches and homemade desserts. Enjoy incomparable dining experiences in a quaint, small-town atmosphere.
Clinton Community Blog
Recently Listed - View All
45 Quarry Ridge Rd Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1224 $399,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Bi-Level
48 Westgate Dr Clinton Twp., NJ 08801-1653 $479,900 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
7 Fox Hill Rd Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1368 $339,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
60 Halstead St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1307 $214,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
8 Leigh St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1310 $125,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Business
70 Leigh St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1367 $290,000 8 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
9 Rolling Hill Rd Clinton Town, NJ 08809-2616 $130,000 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
21 Alexandra Way Clinton Town, NJ 08809-2620 $329,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
140 Leigh St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1312 $625,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
50 Rolling Hill Rd Clinton Town, NJ 08809-2617 $369,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
47 W Main St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1261 $389,000 4 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
126 Center St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1318 $550,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
8 Helen Rd Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1359 $425,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
30 Alexandra Way Clinton Town, NJ 08809-2624 $349,000 2 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
72 W Main St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1268 $269,900 7 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
4 Old Orchard Ct Clinton Town, NJ 08809-2626 $307,000 2 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
19 Woodcrest Ln Clinton Town, NJ 08809-2619 $99,000 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
11 Rachel Ct Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1382 $449,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
9 Route 22 Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1308 $549,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
19 Austin Hill Road Clinton, NJ 08809 $579,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
4 E Main St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1327 $475,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
21 Messig Rd Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1241 $299,900 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
28 Halstead St Clinton Town, NJ 08809-1307 $340,000 6 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
28 Haver Farm Rd Clinton Town, NJ 08809-2600 $479,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 51 Listings For Sale
- $392,117 Average Listing Price
Sold Market Stats
- 14 Properties Sold