- Sunday October 22 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Exquisite Tudor in Sought After Upper Gregory6 Highwood Rd -
This stately Tudor home is just what you have been waiting for in West Orange. Tucked into a quiet neighborhood in Upper Gregory this tribute to Tudor detail and elegance, has a wealth of tasteful updates and comforts that blend seamlessly together into an exceptional living experience.
Some of the highlights that will elevate your Maplewood days include:
Original Architectural Elements and Storybook Curb Appeal
- Cul-de-Sac Location
- Newly Refinished Wood Flooring
- Entry Vestibule with two Closets that Opens to the Grand Foyer with Red Oak Entry Mantel with wide full-length Mirror
- Formal Sunken Living Room with Wainscoting and Wood Burning Fireplace
- Formal Dining Room with Stunning Slate Floor
- Main Level Family Room with three walls of French Doors, Wood Paneled Ceiling and exposed Brick of the rear of the chimney
- Large Eat-in Kitchen with beautiful nutmeg cabinetry topped with matching crown molding, Travertine Floor, Hi-End Stainless Steel Appliances, and Laundry Chute for Kitchen linens
- Bonus Open Den Area at End of Kitchen
- Convenient Half Bath and Full Bath with Roman Shower on main Level
- King Sized Master Suite with Walk-in Dressing Area with Custom Cabinetry including dedicated shoe, belt and pants storage in addition to shelving, drawers and hanging solutions
- Luxurious Master Bath is a work of art with Double Door Entry, White Marble & Black Granite Flooring, Marble Walls, Dual Pedestal Sinks, Beveled Mirrors, Large Jetted Soaking Tub and Marble Shower
- 3 Additional Large Bedrooms on Upper Level each with hardwood floors and distinct character
- Main Hall Bath adjacent to Upper Level Bedrooms
- Laundry Chute in Second Floor Hall Closet to Laundry Bin in Basement
- Central Air Conditioning, Several New Windows ‘17
- Newly Paved Driveway & Painted Exterior ’15, 2 Car Attached Garage
- Large Unfinished high-ceiling Basement, Newer Washer & Dryer
- Lovely Private Rear Yard with Patio
From the board & batten doors with strap hinges, to the peaks of their towering chimneys, Tudor style homes have an extraordinary amount of interior and exterior appeal. Mixed siding materials such as brick, stone, stucco, and half-timber evoke a certain countryside charm, and make it simply the most romantic of architectural visions.
The Tudor style was popularized in the United States during the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. The style incorporates a variety of elements from medieval English architecture, taken from humble cottages to stately manors. Steeply pitched roofs, an embellished entry, elaborate chimneys, artisan stonework, and original stained & leaded windows are some of the hallmarks of the Tudor style that are found in this home.
Today, Tudor style homes remain a high-fashion style choice, attracting discriminating homebuyers who are seeking architectural interest, space and comfort, unique floor plans, and a simple elegance.
With a number of train and bus options available, getting around West Orange and the tri-state area couldn’t be easier.
The NJTransit system offers convenient service throughout New York and New Jersey. Coach USA provides daily commuter service into Manhattan with express service from nearby West Orange Arena. Jitney Service to the South Orange NJ Transit Station is available. The morning Jitney pickup location is about a 10-minute walk, with the evening drop off location just about 5 minutes from the front door. The Harrison PATH train station and Newark Airport are a 20 minute drive.
West Orange residents enjoy a wide variety of nearby choices in arts, entertainment & dining, exceptionally talented medical specialists, and the incomparable Essex County Park system. Here are just a few of the niceties that make West Orange a great town to call home:
- Ginny Duenkel Township Pool
- Proximity to New Jersey’s Finest Shopping
- West Orange Public Library with books, videos, professional storytelling & free internet access
- Outdoor Tennis, Basketball Courts, and Ball Fields
- South Mountain Reservation - The Largest Parkland in Essex County with Hiking & Biking Trails, Picnic Areas, fishing pond, waterfalls and more!
- 5 Local Golf Courses including: Francis Byrne Golf Course, Crestmont Country Club, Rock Spring Country Club, Essex County Country Club and Montclair Golf Club
- Thomas Edison National Historic Park & Glenmont Home
- Turtle Back Zoo
- Eagle Rock Reservation with bridal paths for horseback riding
- South Mountain Recreation Complex includes: the Turtleback Zoo, Codey Ice Skating Arena, Environmental Center, Mini-Golf Safari, the Waterfront, and a Tree Top Adventure Course
The West Orange K-12 Public School District has been educating students since 1895 when the Washington School first opened its doors. Today, there are eleven schools in the West Orange Public School system with the newest being Liberty Middle School, which just opened in December, 2005. Located throughout West Orange, the seven elementary schools, three middle schools, and one comprehensive high school do an outstanding job of educating the 6,200 plus student body.
- MLS® ID: 3420898
- Year Built: 1928
- Status: Active
- Fireplaces: 1
- Foreclosure: No
- Estimated Annual Taxes: $23,517
- Neighborhood: Upper Gregory
- Property ID: 104061695
- Beds: 4
- Total Rooms: 9
- Parking Type Description: Attached 2 cars
- Lot Area: 0.33
- County: Essex
- Subdivision: Upper Gregory
- Style: Tudor
- Baths: 4 (Full: 3 3/4: 0 1/2: 1 Other: 0)
- Stories: 3
- New Construction: No
- Lot Size: 110X129
- High School: W Orange