This well maintained and updated home is just what you have been waiting for in West Orange. Tucked into a quiet neighborhood, where homes are highlighted by shade trees and manicured lawns this home offers all of the comforts you expect and more!
Some highlights that will elevate your West Orange days include:
- Australian Cypress Flooring on Main level
- Bamboo Flooring on Upper Level
- Sun Filled Living Room with Large Window
- Living Room Opens to Dining Area
- Updated Eat-in Kitchen with Granite Counters and SS Appliances
- Main Level Enclosed Sun Porch
- Master Bedroom plus Two Additional Nicely Sized Bedrooms
- Updated Main Level Full Bath with Tub Shower
- Updated Master Bath with Jetted Tub and Hand Held Shower
- Upper Level Loft / TV Area with Two Skylights
- Laundry / Utility Room / Pantry
- Large Deck perfect for Entertaining
- Large Storage Shed, Long Driveway and Swing Set
The Cape Cod is arguably the most recognized house style in America.
There are two Cape Cod styles, the originals which were modest and practical houses built from 1690 until 1850 or so; and the homey Colonial Revival Capes of the 20th century.
Cape Cods are short, stout, simple and most often symmetrical. Nevertheless, they evoke powerful images of warmth and comfort, integrity and safety. A true colonial type widely copied to this day, the Cape Cod truly says “home.”
With a number of train and bus options available, getting around West Orange and the tri-state area couldn’t be easier.
Jitney Service to the Orange NJ Transit Station is available. The Jitney pickup/drop off location is short a 7-minute walk to Woodland Ave at Pleasant Valley Way.
The NJTransit system offers convenient service throughout New York and New Jersey. Coach USA provides daily commuter service into Manhattan with stops at Northfield Ave or at the Covered Park and Ride at South Mountain Arena.
The Harrison PATH train station and Newark Airport are a 20 minute drive.
Newark International Airport is a 35 Minute drive.
West Orange residents enjoy a wide variety of nearby choices in arts, entertainment & dining, exceptionally talented medical specialists, and the incomparable Essex County Park system. Here are just a few of the niceties that make West Orange a great town to call home:
- Ginny Duenkel Township Pool
- Proximity to New Jersey’s Finest Shopping
- West Orange Public Library with books, videos, professional storytelling & free internet access
- Outdoor Tennis, Basketball Courts, and Ball Fields
- South Mountain Reservation - The Largest Parkland in Essex County with Hiking & Biking Trails, Picnic Areas, fishing pond, waterfalls and more!
- 5 Local Golf Courses including: Francis Byrne Golf Course, Crestmont Country Club, Rock Spring Country Club, Essex County Country Club and Montclair Golf Club
- Thomas Edison National Historic Park & Glenmont Home
- Turtle Back Zoo
- Eagle Rock Reservation with bridal paths for horseback riding
- South Mountain Recreation Complex includes: the Turtleback Zoo, Codey Ice Skating Arena, Environmental Center, Mini-Golf Safari, the Waterfront, and a Tree Top Adventure Course
The West Orange K-12 Public School District has been educating students since 1895 when the Washington School first opened its doors. Today, there are eleven schools in the West Orange Public School system with the newest being Liberty Middle School, which just opened in December, 2005. Located throughout West Orange, the seven elementary schools, three middle schools, and one comprehensive high school do an outstanding job of educating the 6,200 plus student body.
- MLS® ID: 3547753
- Year Built: 1950
- Status: Active
- New Construction: No
- County: Essex
- Elementary School: Redwood
- Property ID: 104190767
- Beds: 3
- Total Rooms: 7
- Lot Size: 0.14
- High School: Liberty
- Style: Cape Cod
- Baths: 2 (Full: 2 3/4: 0 1/2: 0 Other: 0)
- Parking Type Description: None 0 cars
- Estimated Annual Taxes: $8,043
- Middle School: Edison