Terrific Opportunity in Convenient Location at a Great Price!12 N ASHBY AVE -
This three bedroom two full bath Ranch home is convenient to all of the wonderful amenities the town offers as well as being nearby NYC transportation.
Some highlights that will elevate your Livingston days include:
- Enclosed Front Entry Porch
- LR with Fireplace (non-functional) & Built-in Cabinets with Glass doors and leaded glass windows
- Formal Dining Room
- Kitchen with Breakfast Bar
- Three Bedrooms on Main Level
- Full Bath with Tub Shower and Linen Closet in Hall
- Unfinished Basement with potential for Recreation Room Area
- Full Bath with Stall Shower in Basement
- Laundry in Basement
- Abundant Storage
- Whole House Fan
- Pull Down Stairs to Huge Attic
- Level Yard
- 2 Car Garage with bonus additional workshop area
- Driveway for additional parking
On the main level you’ll find a formal dining room and living room with carpet over wood flooring. The living room has a handsome mantle flanked by built-in cabinets with glass doors and leaded glass windows above. Fireplace is currently non-functioning. Kitchen has breakfast bar eat-in area and abundant cabinets. Three bedrooms and a full bath complete the main level.
The unfinished Basement offers great potential and has laundry, Full Bath with Stall Shower, utility room and multiple storage areas.
The rear yard is the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors.
With a number of train and bus options available, getting around Livingston and the Tri-state area couldn’t be easier.
Coach USA provides daily commuter bus service from Livingston into Manhattan.
The NJTransit system offers convenient service throughout New York and New Jersey. Livingston offers Jitney Service from Livingston Mall to South Orange Midtown Direct Train Station. Commuters from the station have a 30 minute Midtown Direct Train Ride or can transfer in Newark for trains to the financial district.
Ranch (also known as; American ranch, California ranch, rambler or rancher) is a domestic architectural style originating in the United States. Modeled after the casual style of homes on true Western ranches, the 20th century ranch house style has its roots in North American Spanish colonial architecture of the 17th to 19th century.
The ranch house is noted for its long, close-to-the-ground profile, and wide open layout. Ranch homes offer attached garages, open and uncluttered floor plans and uncomplicated exteriors. Sought after by today’s buyers, ranch homes are now enjoying a return to vogue.
Livingston, New Jersey is a township in Essex County located in close proximity to bustling New York City. Set in the foothills of the Watchung Mountains, suburban Livingston is one of New Jersey’s most attractive addresses. Livingston residents are within reach of every imaginable amenity, and enjoy the finest benefits of New Jersey living, including; superior schools, tree-lined neighborhoods, wonderful restaurants and shopping, unparalleled indoor & outdoor recreation options, and a convenient commute to New York City.
- Livingston is a town that offers exceptional amenities to its residents. Here are just a few of the niceties that make Livingston a great town to call home:
- Midtown New York City Bus Nearby
- Two Town Pools; Haynes Memorial and Northland
- Livingston Public Library (largest by volume in NJ)
- Exercise Oval
- Littell People’s Park Playground
- Littell Pond, recently renovated, with fishing and ice skating
- Outdoor Tennis, Handball & Basketball Courts, and ball fields
- Hiking & Biking Trails and Dog Park
- Lovely Town Center
- New Town Hall (Courts/Offices/Police Station), New Community/ Senior Center
Residents enjoy a wide variety of nearby choices in arts, entertainment & dining, exceptionally talented medical specialists, and the incomparable Essex County Park system with South Mountain & Eagle Rock Reservations, Turtleback Zoo and South Mountain Skating Arena. Livingston is geographically positioned as one of the most convenient and beautiful towns for people commuting to New York City.
Livingston boasts one of New Jersey’s finest school systems. Livingston High School, a consistent first-place winner in various area math and science competitions, was recently renovated. The $50 million renovation included a new science wing, a new heath and fitness center, a new turf field and track, and an expanded music wing.
Open spaces and green living are important to the people of Livingston. The township currently has over 470 acres of wooded parks and hiking trails, and plans to continue adding recreational facilities and nature preserves in the future. Littell Pond is the ideal place to fish in the summer and ice skate in the winter. The new skate park opened in the Summer of 2010 to significant fanfare and excitement. Livingston also has a dog park, which features two distinct play areas.
- MLS® ID: 3530263
- Year Built: 1920
- Status: Active
- Parking Type Description: Oversized 2 cars
- Estimated Annual Taxes: $8,769
- Middle School: Heritage
- Property ID: 104181799
- Beds: 3
- Total Rooms: 7
- New Construction: No
- County: Essex
- Style: Ranch
- Baths: 2 (Full: 2 3/4: 0 1/2: 0 Other: 0)
- Fireplaces: 1
- Lot Size: 0.11
- High School: Livingston