Long Valley Real Estate Listings and Information
Long Valley NJ
Note: Washington Townships also exist in--
* Washington Township, Bergen, NJ
* Washington Township, Mercer, NJ
* Washington Township, Morris, NJ
Long Valley is a census-designated place and unincorporated area located within Washington Township. The Long Valley section — the heart of the township — was called German Valley when it was first settled in the 18th century by people from Saxony, in Germany, the community was renamed in response to anti-German sentiment during World War I. As of the United States 2000 Census, the Long Valley CDP population was 1,818 and has a total area of 12.2 km2, all land.
Washington Township is one of six municipalities (five of which are townships) in the state of New Jersey with the name Washington. In fact, Washington, New Jersey, is only 10 miles away. To add to the confusion, Washington Borough is surrounded by another Municipality that is also called Washington Township.
Washington Township was incorporated as a township by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on April 2, 1798, from portions of Roxbury Township. Portions of the township were taken to form Chester Township as of April 1, 1799.
As of the United States Census of 2000, there were 17,592 people residing in Washington Township. According to the Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 44.9 square miles, all of it land.
The mostly rural community of Washington Township is nestled in the western portion of Morris County. Washington Township is eligible as an USDA Rural Development New Jersey area.
Boasting an idyllic setting, Washington is home to premier recreational amenities like Hacklebarney State Park and Schooley’s Mountain Park. Schooley's Mountain is named for the Schooley family, who owned a considerable amount of land there during the 1790s. The Schooleys Mountain section was a famous resort in the 19th century because of its natural springs.
This growing area provides a pleasing variety of housing options, from sprawling single-family homes to more modest patio homes and townhomes. Settled in 1738, this rural area features many historic areas and preserved farms.
The Washington Township Schools is a public school district that includes five schools. Schools in the district are Benedict A. Cucinella Elementary School, Flocktown-Kossmann School and Old Farmers Road School for grades K-5, along with Long Valley Middle School for grades 6-8.
Students in grades 9-12 attend West Morris Central High School and is part of the West Morris Regional High School District. Students in the district come from the surrounding Morris County school districts of Chester Borough, Chester Township, Mendham Borough, Mendham Township and from Washington Township.
Transportation efficiencies in this area include Routes 46, 57, and 206 as well as bus service to Morristown and New York City. U.S. Route 46, County Route 513, and County Route 517 pass through town. It is only minutes away from Interstate 80 in the neighboring community of Mount Olive and U.S. Route 206 in Chester.
Recreational amenities are crowned by the vast parks but also include sports facilities, playgrounds, and golf course. Some points of interest include--
--Valley Shepherd Creamery - An old-fashioned creamery on 120 beautiful acres in Long Valley welcomes you to a unique farm experience in New Jersey.
--Schooleys Mountain Park, Long Valley
--Skinner Farm, Long Valley
--Rock Spring Park, Long Valley
--Parker Acres, Long Valley
--Scott Park, Long Valley
Some restaurants include--
- Long Valley Pub & Brewery, 1 Fairmount Road, Long Valley, NJ
- Valley Restaurant & Pub, 59 E Mill Rd # 208, Long Valley, NJ
- Splash Seafood & Pasta at Restaurant Village, 1 West Mill Road, Long Valley, NJ
- Long Valley Pizza, 59 E Mill Rd # 206, Long Valley, NJ
- Asia Gourmet, 67 East Mill Road, Long Valley, NJ
- Phil's Pizzeria & Italian, 67 East Mill Road, Long Valley, NJ
- Cornerstone Tavern & Grill, 71 East Mill Road, Long Valley, NJ
National Register of Historic Places listings included--
- Anthony-Corwin Farm, 244 W. Mill Rd., Washington Township, Long Valley
- Craft-Clausen House, 170 Fairmont Rd., Washington Township, Long Valley
- Flock-Stephens Farmstead, 244 Flocktown Rd., Washington Township, Long Valley
- Flocktown Schoolhouse , Flocktown and Naughright Rds., Long Valley
- Middle Valley Historic District, Along W. Mill Rd. and Middle Valley Rd. S of Beacon Rd., Long Valley
- Miller-Rinehard Farmstead, 72 Hacklebarney Rd., Washington Township
- Jacob Wise (J. W.) Neighbor House, 143 W. Mill Rd., Washington Township, Long Valley
- Leonard Neighbor Farmstead, 177 W. Mill Rd., Washington Township, Long Valley
- Rarick-Kellihan House, 358 Fairview Ave., Washington Township, Long Valley
- Schooley's Mountain Historic District, Roughly along Schooley's Mt. Rd., Pleasant Grove Rd. and Flocktown Rd., Washington Twp., Schooley's Mountain
- Sharpenstine Farmstead, 98 E. Mill Rd., Washington Township, Long Valley
- Trimmer-Dufford Farmstead, 186 W. Mill Rd., Washington Township, Long Valley
Recently Listed - View All
2 N Washington Valley Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3134 $530,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
83 Fairview Ave Washington Twp., NJ 07853 $299,900 4 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
78 Old Farmers Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3041 $409,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
5 Rice Ln Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3662 $665,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
20 Stony Brook Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853 $695,000 5 Beds 3.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
61 Rock Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3302 $450,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
84 Fairview Ave Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3172 $259,900 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
3 Raspberry Ln Washington Twp., NJ 07853-7122 $545,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
2 W Mill Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3434 $399,900 3 Beds 3.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
2 W Mill Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3434 $399,900 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
20 Fairmount Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-6212 $450,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Raised Ranch
16 Fairmount Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-6212 $350,000 4 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
0 Schooleys Mt Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07840 $99,500 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
6 E Mill Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3483 $449,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
4 Forest View Dr Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3110 $299,900 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
16 Schooleys Mt Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853 $290,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
8 W Mill Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-3434 $495,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
111 Schooleys Mountain Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-6200 $174,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
109 Schooleys Mountain Rd Washington Twp., NJ 07853-6200 $149,808 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 23 Listings For Sale
- $403,924 Average Listing Price
Sold Market Stats
- 6 Properties Sold
- $149 Average Sale Price per Square Foot