Bedminster Real Estate Listings and Information
Bedminster Township is in Somerset County, as of the 2010 Census, the township population was 8,165. The township was created by Royal Charter on April 4, 1749 from portions of the Northern precinct. It is bordered on the north by Chester Township and on the northeast by Peapack-Gladstone.
Bedminster is mainly residential, with well-kept older to newer construction, moderate to affluent housing options for rentals, condominiums, and single family homes. The township was the corporate headquarters of AT&T, prior to its merger with SBC Communications (the combined company is now known as AT&T Inc.). AT&T's Global Network Operations Center is currently located in Bedminister. It was also the corporate headquarters for Verizon Wireless before it was relocated to nearby Basking Ridge in 2006.
The Bedminster Township School District serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade at Bedminster Township Public School. Public school students in grades 9-12 attend Bernards High School, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Somerset Hills Regional School District, a K - 12 district serving students from Bernardsville, Far Hills and Peapack-Gladstone.
Bedminster is traversed by a few major roads, Interstate 287 runs through the eastern section while Interstate 78 runs mostly through the center of the township. U.S. Route 202 and U.S. Route 206 also pass through running parallel to I-287 from the Bridgewater area to Plukemin.
Points of interest
- Natirar - is an 491 acres estate spanning Peapack-Gladstone, Far Hills and Bedminster, New Jersey. While part of the estate is maintained privately, Somerset County operates 404 acres as a county park, and fine dining is offered at the restaurant atop the hill, Ninety Acres.
- Trump National Golf Course - a golf course owned by Donald Trump.
- The Historic Jacobus Vanderveer House, also known as Knox House & Museum - a mid-18th century refurbished Federal style home used by General Henry Knox during the Revolutionary War that serves local history to the area, located just north of the village of Pluckemin
- Continental Artillery Military Cantonment Historic Site - one of the most historic revolutionary war sites in the United States at what is known also as the Pluckemin Continental Artillery Cantonment Site or Pluckemin Artillery Park. Recently added to the National Register of Historic Sites. Formed during the winter of 1778-1779 by General Henry Knox, chief of the Continental Army artillery, was the leader responsible for building what is known as America's first military artillery training academy, the forerunner to West Point.
Bedminster Community Blog
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 4 Listings For Sale
- $490,917 Average Listing Price
Sold Market Stats
- 7 Properties Sold