Choose Gregory Young as Your Realtor - Put My Thirty Four Years of Experience to Work for You!
- 225 Maple Avenue
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
About Me and My Market Area
- Welcome! I have been a licensed Realtor since 1983 and have helped hundreds of families with the successful purchase and sale of single family and multi-family homes throughout central New Jersey. I am a full-time Broker-Associate working with first time buyers, over 55 empty nesters, move-up buyers, all manner and type of sellers and I specialize in marketing expired listings and am happy to assist for sale by owner sellers in preparing their homes for sale.
- Central New Jersey has a wide variety of homes from cozy starters, priced in the low hundred thousands, to million dollar estates! It has been my great pleasure to work with satisfied buyers and sellers all across the spectrum. However, I hold a special place in my heart for finding young people their first home!
- The central New Jersey market area offers easy access to the Jersey shore, Atlantic City, numerous major highways and trains to New York and Philadelphia, three major shopping centers, as well as many rivers, lakes and other recreational areas. WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
How My Efforts and Experience Work for YOU!
- I earned a New Jersey Real Estate Salesperson's License in 1983 and a New Jersey Real Estate
Broker's License in 1986 and became a Graduate of The Realtor® Institute in 1986.
- I am a FULL TIME Realtor®, a Certified Residential Specialist, and Certified Negotiations Expert, and have the knowledge and ability to offer my clients the best possible representation in each and every transaction!
- Over the past 34 years I have earned the Certified Distressed Property Expert, and Short Sale and Foreclosure Expert designations enabling me to assist in pre-foreclosures. Iam able to put my expertise into effect with the more mature home buyers and sellers due to my designation as a Senior Real Estate Specialist!
- I spend thousands of dollars each year to ensure that my clients get the benefit of the best possible positioning on Facebook, Trulia, Twitter, Yahoo, Yelp, Zillow and numerous additional search engines!
- I also spend time each week using the old fashioned techniquers of direct mail, door knocking and I even make phone solicitation calls to find the best homes for my buyers and the best buyers for my homes!
- I may always be reached at: 908-875-9910.
- My interests in education and life-long learning propmpted me to earn my Broker's license just a few years into my real estate career. I found that there were a number of organizations that offered Realtors an opportunity to continue pursuing education specializations in real estate and I took full advantage.
- I first earned a GRI designation after attending four 40 hour courses at the Graduate Realtor Institute. After that I was able to qualify to become a candidate for the prestigious CRS designation as a Certified Residential Specialist which also required several hundred hourse of course work and exams. With the unfortunate number of homes undergoing short sales, pre-foreclosure and foreclosures I earned a CDPE designation which enabled me to become a Certified Distressed Property Expert.
- As to my personal interests within my career, I have found that working with a first time home owner family is one of the most rewarding aspects of my real estate career. The excitement of a young wife whispering "This is the one!" to her husband (or vice-versa), as we are barely out the door of showing them their "Dream Cottage" is unmatched.
- Another very rewarding aspect of my job is when I can bring together a young "move-up" family into an "empty nester" home. Often when they meet the older couple shares stories of having their children grow up in thw home that is now too big for them and you can see in their faces the excitement the new couple feels in anticipation of building their own experiences. It is truly moving.
BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY NEW JERSEY PROPERTIES supports SUNSHINE KIDS FOUNDATION (SSK), which is dedicated to children with cancer. Established in 1982, SSK is committed to providing positive group activities and emotional support for young cancer patients. For more information, please visit the Sunshine Kids website or Facebook page.
We engage in a number of fund-raising activities, throughout the year. To learn about activities in your area, please subscribe to the BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY NEW JERSEY PROPERTIES blog, which has all of the latest information.
My Areas of Specialization:
SINCE 1983 I HAVE SPECIALIZED IN SELLING SINGLE FAMILY AND MULTI FAMILY HOMES, CONDOMINIUMS, WORKING WITH FIRST TIME BUYERS, MOVE-UP BUYERS, "EMPTY NESTERS" (AKA SELLERS WHOSE CHILDREN HAVE MOVED OUT OF THE FAMILY HOME), AND NEW CONSTRUCTION HOMES!
- I believe my fascination with real estate developed over the years as I moved from place to place around the Stae of New Jersey.
- I was born in Newark and lived in Irvington, Cedar Grove, Maplewood, Elizabeth, Cranford, Westfield, Fanwood, and South Plainfield. I now call Metuchen home.
- During my journeys around central NJ I have lived in multi-family and single family homes and I now reside in a comfy condo that frees me from lawn care, snow removal and all the other fun stuff that comes with living in a house!
With a very active real estate market, most of my time during the year is spent marketing homes. During the summer I try to find some time to relax and play tennis, hit some golf balls or relax with good friends fishing and crabbing. One of my favorite things to do is to try new restaurants and there are so many here in our area that I am always trying new things when I out for a good meal.
- 1976 - Kean University - Master of Arts in Student Personnel Services
- 1969 - Newark State College - Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
- 1965 - Columbia High School