Parsippany-Troy Hills Township Real Estate Listings and Information
Parsippany-Troy Hills Township NJ
Parsippany-Troy Hills Township, commonly called Parsippany, is a township in Morris County, New Jersey. As of the United States 2000 Census, the township population was 50,649, and the township has a total area of 25.4 square miles, of which 1.5 square miles (5.82%) is water. Parsippany-Troy Hills was incorporated as a township by an act of the New Jersey Legislature in 1928, from portions of Hanover Township.
The name Parsippany comes from the Lenape Native American word parsipanong, which means "the place where the river winds through the valley". Parsippany-Troy Hills is the most populous municipality in Morris County.
In 2006, Parsippany-Troy Hills was recognized by Money magazine as the 17th-ranked of the Best Places to Live in the United States, the highest-ranked location in New Jersey. In 2008, it moved up to 13th position.
The active, bustling community of Parsippany-Troy Hills features six major residential areas where a complete complement of housing features a wide range of styles and price ranges. Four major highways bisect the township, which has seen rapid growth in recent decades in both residential and business sectors.
More than 70 major firms have chosen Parsippany-Troy Hills as the place to expand or relocate. An excellent education system, local cultural amenities, attractive recreational facilities, and strong sense of community pride continue to attract newcomers to this thriving area.
Transportation efficiencies include Interstates 287, 280 and 80 as well as commuter bus to New York City. Recreational opportunities are diverse and include lush parks, playgrounds, athletic fields, league sports, private sports clubs, and a golf course.
Lake Hiawatha and Mount Tabor are neighborhoods located within the township with their own zip codes. In 2011, Parsippany residents could live in one of 12 zipcodes.
Avis Budget Group, B & G Foods, Curtiss-Wright, Wyndham Worldwide, and Cadbury Adams are headquartered in Parsippany-Troy Hills. Cendant Corporation moved its headquarters to Parsippany-Troy Hills in 2001; in 2006 Cendant separated into several different companies, including Avis Budget Group, parent company of Avis Rent a Car System and Budget Rent a Car. The headquarters of PNY Technologies, Inc., a manufacturer of computer memory devices, is in Parsippany-Troy Hills. Reckitt Benckiser and Ricola's United States headquarters are in Parsippany-Troy Hills.
The Parsippany-Troy Hills School District serves students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Schools in the district are Eastlake Elementary School, Intervale Elementary School, Knollwood Elementary School, Lake Hiawatha Elementary School, Lake Parsippany Elementary School, Littleton Elementary School, Mt. Tabor Elementary School, Northvail Elementary School, Rockaway Meadow Elementary School and Troy Hills Elementary School for grades K-5; Brooklawn Middle School and Central Middle School for grades 6-8; and Parsippany High School and Parsippany Hills High School for grades 9-12.
Private schools include religious schools--
- Parsippany Christian School
- All Saints' Academy
- St. Elizabeth Nursery School
Parsippany Christian School is a ministry of Parsippany Baptist Church. The others are Catholic schools operated under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson.
Parsippany lies at the crossroads of many major roadways including Interstates 80, 280 and 287, U.S. Routes 46 and 202, New Jersey Routes 10 and 53, as well as County Route 511.
The Mount Tabor station offers train service on the New Jersey Transit Morristown Line, with service to and from Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan and Hoboken Terminal.
China Airlines provides private bus service to John F. Kennedy International Airport from the Top Quality Food Market 828 Route 46 in Parsippany to feed its flight to Taipei, Taiwan.
Parsippany runs a two-route bus system known as Parsippany Transit. The bus service is free to all residents, and runs six days a week.
Bus service to Manhattan is provided by Lakeland Bus Lines.
The town is also known for their seasonal parades and events including the Memorial Day Parade(held on route 202), the Fourth of July Fireworks (Parsippany Hills HS), and the Summer Concert Series.
There is also a lot of history in the town dating back to the 1700's. Many old buildings and houses have been preserved and kept in the town such as the 1870 Condit house, 1790 Littleton School house, and the 1783 Isaac Beach House.
- The Cameron Dog Park, located on South Beverwyck Road, just south of Route 80, is an area set aside for dogs and their owners to exercise and play off-leash in a controlled environment.
- Chief Hiawatha Park is located on North Beverwyck Road, in the business district of the Lake Hiawatha section of town. The small “pocket park" has a gazebo, lovely plantings and a plaque with the story of Chief Hiawatha.
- Druid Hill Park is located between Elf Court and Twin Oaks Road with a connection to Maplewood Drive. It has a children's play area, a designated area for horseshoes and bocce and volleyball and basketball courts. There are paved walking paths around the perimeter.
- Lake Parsippany Park, located at the end of Elmwood Drive off Halsey Road, is a large park with softball and soccer fields, basketball, volleyball and bocce courts, horseshoe pits, two children’s play areas, walking paths and a large picnic area with a shelter, electricity and charcoal grills that can be reserved. It is adjacent to the Par-Troy Little League West baseball complex.
Some golf courses nearby include--
- Knoll West Country Club - 50 Knoll Lane, Boonton, NJ
- Mt Tabor Country Club, Country Club Road, Mt Tabor, NJ
Some restaurants include--
- Ashia (Chinese, Japanese and Thai) - 1460 US Rte. 46, Parsippany
- Cinnamon Indian (Indian) - 2920 Rt-10, Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp
- Ruth's Chris Steak House (Steakhouse) - 1 Hilton Court, Parsippany
- Tinos BBQ & Grill (Portuguese and American) - 229 Littleton Rd, Parsippany
- Chand Palace (Indian, Vegetarian) - 257 Littleton Rd., Parsippany
- Eccola Italian Bistro (Italian) - 1082 US Rte. 46 W., Parsippany
- Fu Sha Sushi Bar (Japanese, Asian and Sushi) - 156 Parsippany Rd, Parsippany
- Giovanni's Original Pizzeria & Family Restaurant (Pizza and Italian) - 61 New Rd, Parsippany
- Sakura Hibachi Steakhouse (Steakhouse, Asian and Japanese) - 949 US Rte. 46, Parsippany
- Sri Ganesh's Dosa House (Indian) - 209 Littleton Rd., Parsippany
- Melange (Asian, French and Thai) - 353 Smith Road, Parsippany
- Great Wazu (Sandwiches/Subs) - 3036 US Highway 46, Parsippany
- Frank & Son Pizzeria (Italian) - 355 Parsippany Road, Parsippany
- Gourmet Cafe (Sandwiches/Subs and Italian) - 136 Baldwin Road, Parsippany
- Panda Wok (Chinese) - 184 Parsippany Road, Parsippany
National Register of Historic Places listings include--
- Beverwyck Site, SE of jct. of US 46 and S. Beverwyck Rd., Parsippany-Troy Hills
- Bowers-Livingston-Osborn House, 25 Parsippany Rd., Parsippany
- Bowlsby-Degelleke House, NW of Parsippany at 320 Baldwin Rd., Parsippany
- Stephen Condit House, NE of Parsippany on Beverwyck Rd. off U.S. 46, Parsippany
- Craftsman Farms, Jct. of NJ 10 and Manor Ln., Parsippany -- Home to Gustav Stickley and other artists and artisans of the Arts and Crafts Movement in the early 20th century
- Benjamin Howell Homestead, 709 S. Beverwyck Rd., Parsippany
Native Americans settled into the area several thousand years ago. They lived along the Rockaway River and the Whippany River. Also they lived in the highlands, hunted and fished for the various game that lived in the area and migrated through the area in autumn. Paintings in a rock cave were found in the late 1970s in western Parsippany in the highlands.
The settlement of Europeans came under control of the British after 1664. The Parsippany area had flat land and fertile soil. The water supply and game provided colonist a chance to start a life of good farming.
Recently Listed - View All
7 Waterloo Dr Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950-1412 $658,000 5 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
1 Shongum Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07834-9613 $609,000 4 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
31 Dodie Dr Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07054-1751 $489,900 4 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
2 Patriots Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950-1144 $440,000 3 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
2350 Route 10-D17 Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950 $215,000 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
63 Continental Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950-1276 $419,000 3 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
2467 Route 10 Apt 1A Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950 $174,899 1 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
227 Parsippany Rd Hanover Twp., NJ 07981-1124 $650,000 5 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
9 Jagged Rock Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07054-2108 $485,000 4 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
32 Long Ridge Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07869-4564 $449,900 3 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
20 Huron Ave Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07034-2902 $208,000 3 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
34 Autumn Ridge Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950-1194 $549,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
51 Midvale Ave Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07034-1007 $424,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Bi-Level
15 Hoffman Ave Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07034-2320 $355,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
54 Schindler Ct Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07054-3300 $597,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
43 Minnehaha Blvd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07034-2702 $569,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
82 S Powdermill Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950-1269 $525,000 5 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
137 Summerhill Dr Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950-1188 $424,900 2 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
21 Alexander Ave Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07054-4714 $399,999 3 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
3 Oneida Ave Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07034-2307 $144,900 2 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
132 Califon Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07054-3991 $459,000 4 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
9 Overlook Ter Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07834-3311 $436,350 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
65 Halsey Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07054-5226 $381,600 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
120 Patriots Rd Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950-1131 $364,900 2 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
Upcoming Open Houses - View All
7 Ringwood Dr Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07054-1616 $539,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-LevelOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
33 Scenic Drive Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07834-3315 $499,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-4pm
7 Sheffield St Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07034-2011 $468,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft RanchOpen HousesSun 2-4pm
5 Trojan Ave Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07054-4851 $450,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft RanchOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
9 Overlook Ter Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07834-3311 $436,350 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
64 Summerhill Dr Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07950-1166 $412,500 2 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft TownhouseOpen HousesSun 1-4pm
36 Lake Shore Dr Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp., NJ 07034-3015 $349,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-LevelOpen HousesSun 1-4pm
Browse Listings by Price Range
Parsippany-Troy Hills Township
Active Market Stats
- 4635 Listings For Sale
- $392,262 Average Listing Price
Sold Market Stats
- 9 Properties Sold