Manasquan Real Estate Listings and Information
Manasquan is a Borough in Monmouth County, New Jersey. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough population was 6,310 people residing in the borough, and a total area of 2.5 square miles, of which 1.1 square miles of it (45%) is water. Manasquan was formed as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature in 1887, from portions of Wall Township.
The borough's name is of Lenni Lenape origin, Man - A - Squaw - Han (stream of the Island of Squaws). Manasquan, Maniquan, Mannisquan, Manasquam, Squan, and Squan Village are variations on the original pronunciation and spelling. The meaning has also been interpreted as "an island with enclosure for squans."
New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Manasquan as its 22nd best place to live in its 2008 rankings of the "Best Places To Live" in New Jersey.
Manasquan also has a downtown area with many small businesses.
Manasquan is a year round community, a fact stemming from the increase in removal of traditional beach bungalows and their replacement with family dwellings. Any decrease in tourism is likely due to the rise in residency in the area.
The Manasquan Boardwalk is largely quiet after Labor Day. Due to its location bordering the Atlantic Ocean, the population of Manasquan increases dramatically in the summer months as tourists flock to the beach.
The Manasquan Public Schools serve students from Kindergarten through twelfth grade. Schools in the district are Manasquan Elementary School for grades K-8 and Manasquan High School, the home of The Warriors, for grades 9-12.
In addition to students from Manasquan, the high school serves students from Avon-by-the-Sea, Belmar, Brielle, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights who attended Manasquan High School as part of sending/receiving relationships with their respective districts.
Commuter rail New Jersey Transit has a station in Manasquan on the North Jersey Coast Line. Passengers can travel south to Point Pleasant Beach and Bay Head or north to points such as Belmar, Long Branch, Newark, Hoboken Terminal and Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan.
The Garden State Parkway is the nearest major highway. Route 71 runs through the town.
Points of Interest include--
- Algonquin Arts Theatre - has shows and movies that play throughout the year. A 540 seat historic theatre, built in 1938 as a movie house but converted to a professional live performance space in 1992.
- The Firemans' Fair occurs every July/August.
- Manasquan is home to The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA), the largest registry of pedigreed cats in the world.
- The Manasquan Inlet marks the northern terminus of the inland portion of the Intracoastal Waterway along the New Jersey Coastal Heritage Trail Route.
- Manasquan Savings Bank has been serving the communities of Monmouth and Ocean Counties since 1874.
- The Manasquan Inlet provides surfers with waves that are corralled, refracted and enlarged by the jetty protruding out into the Atlantic Ocean. Check out the Manasquan surf report.
- Fisherman's Cove Conservation Area, Manasquan - This 55-acre site, the last undeveloped tract on the Manasquan Inlet, is a great place to fish, walk on the beach, or go sunbathing.
- Manasquan Farmers' Market - Is located at Miller Preston Way, Manasquan (Next to Rite Aide) on summer Thursdays from 9:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Golfing can be found nearby at Bel Aire Golf Course (Located at Rt.34 N and Allaire Road) is open to the public daily, or if you don’t want a full 18 holes try the Executive Course at Quail Ridge (Rt. 34 N at West Hurley Pond Rd)--they also have a driving range and miniature golf for the whole family.
- Biking can use the Bike Path that starts in Manasquan (just off East Main St.) and goes all the way to Allaire State Park. Historic Allaire Village celebrates the life and times of the Howell Iron Works in the 1830s.
- Squan Village Historical Society Museum - is located at 105 South Street.
Some restaurants include--
- Squan Tavern (Italian Southern), 15 Broad Street, Manasquan
- East Main Street Trattoria (Italian), 233 E Main St # 6, Manasquan
- Rail (European Continental), 229 E Main St # 2, Manasquan
- Maria's Italian Cuisine (Italian), 165 Main Street, Manasquan
- Broadway Grill & Restaurant, 168 Main Street, Manasquan
- Mixx American Bistro (American), 152 Main Street, Manasquan
- Harpoon Willy's (Seafood), 2655 River Road, Manasquan
- Four Winds (American), 1316 Jefferson Avenue, Manasquan
- O'Neill's Bar Grill & Guest (European Continental), 390 E Main St, Manasquan
- Remington's (American), 142 Main Street, Manasquan
- Surf Taco (Californian, Mexican), 121 Parker Ave., Manasquan
National Register of Historic Places listings include--
- Brielle Road Bridge over the Glimmer Glass, Brielle Rd., Manasquan. The Glimmer Glass Bridge carries traffic from Brielle Road over the Glimmer Glass, a navigable tidal inlet of the Manasquan River, between Brielle and Manasquan. Built in 1898. It is a cable lift bascule bridge, using a rolling counterweight design.
- Manasquan Friends Meetinghouse and Burying Ground, NJ 35 at Manasquan Cir., Wall Township, Manasquan
- Squan Beach Life-Saving Station #9, Ocean & 2nd Aves., Manasquan
Manasquan Community Blog
Recently Listed - View All
1211 Sea Girt Avenue Sea Girt, NJ 08750 $549,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,604 Sq Ft Colonial
2500 Autumn Drive Manasquan, NJ 08736 $835,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,248 Sq Ft Contemporary
1534 Toboggan Run Manasquan, NJ 08736 $511,200 4 Beds 3 Baths 3,169 Sq Ft Colonial
448 Euclid Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $1,200,000 3 Beds 4 Baths 2,321 Sq Ft Colonial
216 4th Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $824,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 1,764 Sq Ft Colonial
804 1st Avenue Sea Girt, NJ 08750 $3,799,000 5 Beds 6 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
574 Perch Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $1,025,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,950 Sq Ft Colonial
217 Main Street E Manasquan, NJ 08736 $785,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
217 Main Street E Manasquan, NJ 08736 $785,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Business
2414 Riverside Terrace Manasquan, NJ 08736 $582,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 2,060 Sq Ft Ranch
165 1st Avenue Upper Manasquan, NJ 08736 $359,000 3 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
559 Salmon Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $1,150,000 5 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
209 2nd Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $605,000 5 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
262 1st Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $499,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
2621 River Road Manasquan, NJ 08736 $1,799,000 5 Beds 5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
224 Stockton Boulevard Sea Girt, NJ 08750 $2,998,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Land (Residential)
2404 Beech Street Manasquan, NJ 08736 $659,900 5 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Cape Cod
337 1st Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $899,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,800 Sq Ft A-Frame
521 Brielle Road Manasquan, NJ 08736 $569,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multiple Buildings
712 Morven Terrace Sea Girt, NJ 08750 $9,995,000 7 Beds 9 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
13 Pershing Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $929,000 3 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Contemporary
2423 Jodi Court Manasquan, NJ 08736 $829,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,122 Sq Ft Colonial
2532 Mahogany Trail Manasquan, NJ 08736 $698,300 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
224 Stockton Boulevard Sea Girt, NJ 08750 $2,998,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,500 Sq Ft Cape Cod
Upcoming Open Houses - View All
804 1st Avenue Sea Girt, NJ 08750 $3,799,000 5 Beds 6 Baths 0 Sq Ft CustomOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
10 Drawbridge Lane Manasquan, NJ 08736 $650,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
105 Curtis Place Manasquan, NJ 08736 $599,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,656 Sq Ft OtherOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
85 Lakewood Road Manasquan, NJ 08736 $539,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,542 Sq Ft Cape CodOpen HousesSun 12-2pm
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 161 Listings For Sale
- $1,119,073 Average Listing Price
- $403 Average Listing Price per Square Foot