Manasquan Real Estate Listings and Information
Manasquan is a Borough in Monmouth County, New Jersey. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough population was 6,310 people residing in the borough, and a total area of 2.5 square miles, of which 1.1 square miles of it (45%) is water. Manasquan was formed as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature in 1887, from portions of Wall Township.
The borough's name is of Lenni Lenape origin, Man - A - Squaw - Han (stream of the Island of Squaws). Manasquan, Maniquan, Mannisquan, Manasquam, Squan, and Squan Village are variations on the original pronunciation and spelling. The meaning has also been interpreted as "an island with enclosure for squans."
New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Manasquan as its 22nd best place to live in its 2008 rankings of the "Best Places To Live" in New Jersey.
Manasquan also has a downtown area with many small businesses.
Manasquan is a year round community, a fact stemming from the increase in removal of traditional beach bungalows and their replacement with family dwellings. Any decrease in tourism is likely due to the rise in residency in the area.
The Manasquan Boardwalk is largely quiet after Labor Day. Due to its location bordering the Atlantic Ocean, the population of Manasquan increases dramatically in the summer months as tourists flock to the beach.
The Manasquan Public Schools serve students from Kindergarten through twelfth grade. Schools in the district are Manasquan Elementary School for grades K-8 and Manasquan High School, the home of The Warriors, for grades 9-12.
In addition to students from Manasquan, the high school serves students from Avon-by-the-Sea, Belmar, Brielle, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights who attended Manasquan High School as part of sending/receiving relationships with their respective districts.
Commuter rail New Jersey Transit has a station in Manasquan on the North Jersey Coast Line. Passengers can travel south to Point Pleasant Beach and Bay Head or north to points such as Belmar, Long Branch, Newark, Hoboken Terminal and Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan.
The Garden State Parkway is the nearest major highway. Route 71 runs through the town.
Points of Interest include--
- Algonquin Arts Theatre - has shows and movies that play throughout the year. A 540 seat historic theatre, built in 1938 as a movie house but converted to a professional live performance space in 1992.
- The Firemans' Fair occurs every July/August.
- Manasquan is home to The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA), the largest registry of pedigreed cats in the world.
- The Manasquan Inlet marks the northern terminus of the inland portion of the Intracoastal Waterway along the New Jersey Coastal Heritage Trail Route.
- Manasquan Savings Bank has been serving the communities of Monmouth and Ocean Counties since 1874.
- The Manasquan Inlet provides surfers with waves that are corralled, refracted and enlarged by the jetty protruding out into the Atlantic Ocean. Check out the Manasquan surf report.
- Fisherman's Cove Conservation Area, Manasquan - This 55-acre site, the last undeveloped tract on the Manasquan Inlet, is a great place to fish, walk on the beach, or go sunbathing.
- Manasquan Farmers' Market - Is located at Miller Preston Way, Manasquan (Next to Rite Aide) on summer Thursdays from 9:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Golfing can be found nearby at Bel Aire Golf Course (Located at Rt.34 N and Allaire Road) is open to the public daily, or if you don’t want a full 18 holes try the Executive Course at Quail Ridge (Rt. 34 N at West Hurley Pond Rd)--they also have a driving range and miniature golf for the whole family.
- Biking can use the Bike Path that starts in Manasquan (just off East Main St.) and goes all the way to Allaire State Park. Historic Allaire Village celebrates the life and times of the Howell Iron Works in the 1830s.
- Squan Village Historical Society Museum - is located at 105 South Street.
Some restaurants include--
- Squan Tavern (Italian Southern), 15 Broad Street, Manasquan
- East Main Street Trattoria (Italian), 233 E Main St # 6, Manasquan
- Rail (European Continental), 229 E Main St # 2, Manasquan
- Maria's Italian Cuisine (Italian), 165 Main Street, Manasquan
- Broadway Grill & Restaurant, 168 Main Street, Manasquan
- Mixx American Bistro (American), 152 Main Street, Manasquan
- Harpoon Willy's (Seafood), 2655 River Road, Manasquan
- Four Winds (American), 1316 Jefferson Avenue, Manasquan
- O'Neill's Bar Grill & Guest (European Continental), 390 E Main St, Manasquan
- Remington's (American), 142 Main Street, Manasquan
- Surf Taco (Californian, Mexican), 121 Parker Ave., Manasquan
National Register of Historic Places listings include--
- Brielle Road Bridge over the Glimmer Glass, Brielle Rd., Manasquan. The Glimmer Glass Bridge carries traffic from Brielle Road over the Glimmer Glass, a navigable tidal inlet of the Manasquan River, between Brielle and Manasquan. Built in 1898. It is a cable lift bascule bridge, using a rolling counterweight design.
- Manasquan Friends Meetinghouse and Burying Ground, NJ 35 at Manasquan Cir., Wall Township, Manasquan
- Squan Beach Life-Saving Station #9, Ocean & 2nd Aves., Manasquan
Manasquan Community Blog
Recently Listed - View All
2574 Curriers Place Manasquan, NJ 08736 $655,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 2,125 Sq Ft Detached
105 Curtis Place Manasquan, NJ 08736 $619,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
500 Brielle Road Manasquan, NJ 08736 $689,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,482 Sq Ft Bungalow
171 Beach Front Manasquan, NJ 08736 $1,300,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
171A Beach Front Manasquan, NJ 08736 $750,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
1134 Lakewood Road Manasquan, NJ 08736 $519,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,368 Sq Ft Ranch
123 Marcellus Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $449,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,100 Sq Ft Ranch
86 Ocean Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $750,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 2,001 Sq Ft Colonial
1112 Manito Road Manasquan, NJ 08736 $499,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 2,106 Sq Ft Custom
2257 Philadelphia Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $539,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,258 Sq Ft Cape Cod
23 Wigwam Path Manasquan, NJ 08736 $469,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,368 Sq Ft Ranch
324 Perrine Boulevard Manasquan, NJ 08736 $799,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
2634 Ramshorn Drive Manasquan, NJ 08736 $695,000 5 Beds 3 Baths 2,908 Sq Ft Colonial
327 First Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $695,000 3 Beds 1 Baths 863 Sq Ft A-Frame
262 1st Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $522,500 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
231 1st Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $699,000 5 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
313 Trenton Boulevard Sea Girt, NJ 08750 $1,799,000 3 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Saltbox
95 South Street Manasquan, NJ 08736 $849,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,054 Sq Ft Historical
474 Euclid Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $699,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Bungalow
2512 Autumn Drive Manasquan, NJ 08736 $999,900 5 Beds 4 Baths 4,258 Sq Ft Colonial
242 Oval Road 242 Manasquan, NJ 08736 $895,000 3 Beds 4 Baths 4,200 Sq Ft End Unit
566 Tarpon Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $999,999 4 Beds 4 Baths 2,851 Sq Ft Custom
2522 Sparrowbush Lane Manasquan, NJ 08736 $875,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,400 Sq Ft Detached
992 Ridge Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $575,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,752 Sq Ft Cape Cod
Upcoming Open Houses - View All
313 Trenton Boulevard Sea Girt, NJ 08750 $1,799,000 3 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft SaltboxOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
35 Ocean Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $1,499,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 3,731 Sq Ft ContemporaryOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
360 River Place Manasquan, NJ 08736 $1,345,000 5 Beds 4 Baths 3,194 Sq Ft CustomOpen HousesSun 12-3pm
361 Pine Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $1,199,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,243 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 12-2pm
86 Ocean Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $750,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 2,001 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
2634 Ramshorn Drive Manasquan, NJ 08736 $695,000 5 Beds 3 Baths 2,908 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
2574 Curriers Place Manasquan, NJ 08736 $655,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 2,125 Sq Ft DetachedOpen HousesSun 12-3pm
2562 Collier Road Manasquan, NJ 08736 $595,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,789 Sq Ft RanchOpen HousesSun 4-7pm
2568 Algonkin Trail Manasquan, NJ 08736 $560,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 1,952 Sq Ft ColonialOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
2257 Philadelphia Avenue Manasquan, NJ 08736 $539,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,258 Sq Ft Cape CodOpen HousesSat 1-3pm
23 Wigwam Path Manasquan, NJ 08736 $469,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,368 Sq Ft RanchOpen HousesSun 2-4pm
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 164 Listings For Sale
- $1,166,823 Average Listing Price
- $406 Average Listing Price per Square Foot