Long Branch Real Estate Listings and Information
Long Branch NJ
Long Branch is a city in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2000 United States Census, the city population was 31,340 and the city has a total area of 6.2 square miles, of which 1.0 square miles is water. Long Branch is Monmouth County's largest city.
Long Branch was formed in 1867 from portions of Ocean Township. Long Branch was incorporated as a city by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature in 1903. Elberon is an unincorporated area, served as ZIP code 07740, located within Long Branch.
Long Branch represents the quintessential Jersey Shore resort, once drawing heads of state, business tycoons, and celebrities to Victorian mansions. Proud of its distinction as the "Nation's First Seashore Resort," Long Branch has emerged as a desirable community and Monmouth County's largest city.
Long Branch's public schools are operated by Long Branch Public Schools, serving children in pre-school through 12th grade. The district is one of 31 Abbott Districts statewide.
Schools in the district are the district's two preschools--Leena W. Conrow School and Joseph Ferraina Early Childhood Learning Center, five elementary schools--Amerigo A. Anastasia School (grades PreK-5), Audrey W. Clark School (grades 3-5), Gregory School (grades PreK-5), Morris Avenue School (grades K-2) and West End School (grades PreK-5); along with Long Branch Middle School (grades 6-8) and Long Branch High School (grades 9-12).
Also, there is a private K-8 school named Seashore School as well as several Jewish and Catholic schools, most notably Holy Trinity and Ilan High School (Catholic and Jewish, respectively).
Monmouth University is located in West Long Branch NJ.
Portions of Long Branch are part of an Urban Enterprise Zone. In addition to other benefits to encourage employment within the Zone, shoppers can take advantage of a reduced 3½% sales tax rate (versus the 7% rate charged statewide).
Long Branch is connected to New York City and Northern New Jersey via New Jersey Transit trains running on the North Jersey Coast Line. The Long Branch Station marks the end of electrified trackage and passengers continuing south must change to diesel-powered trains. The main train station is only three blocks away from the beach, and a second station is located in the Elberon district just north of the borough of Deal.
Points of Interest include--
- Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park - named for the U.S. presidents who vacationed here; the park comprises 38 acres and offers an ocean beach, swimming, fishing, boating, volleyball plus a boardwalk.
- West End Farmers Market - located at the corner of Brighton & Kossik (across from Jesse's Cafe, 139 Brighton Ave.) on Thursday summer and fall afternoons, 11am - 6pm.
- New Jersey Repertory Company - the home base of the company is located in Long Branch, and they present new plays and classics in the area.
- The New Jersey Marathon - originates in Long Branch and passes through Monmouth Beach, Oceanport, Deal, Allenhurst, Loch Arbour, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, and Bradley Beach.
- Old Orchard Country Club - located at nearby 54 Monmouth Road in Eatontown for golfers.
- Monmouth Race Track - located at 175 Oceanport Avenue in Oceanport for horse racing fans.
Some restaurants include--
- Rooney's Oceanfront Restaurant - 100 Ocean Avenue North, Long Branch, NJ
- Le Club - 23 Ocean Avenue, Long Branch, NJ
- Sirena Ristorante - 27 Ocean Avenue, Long Branch, NJ
Category: Italian Restaurant
- Casa Comida Mexican Restaurant - 336 Branchport Avenue, Long Branch, NJ
- Ocean Place Resort & Spa - Oceanfest and the Ocean Place Hotel
1 Ocean Boulevard, Long Branch, NJ (732) 571-4000 ?
Restaurants, wedding, hotel
- Max's Hot Dogs - 25 Matilda Terrace, Long Branch, New Jersey?
Category: American Restaurant
- Ada's Latin Flavor - Restaurant - 279 Broadway, Long Branch, NJ
- Charley's Ocean Grill - 29 Avenel Boulevard, Long Branch, NJ
Category: Seafood Restaurant
- The Sitting Duck Restaurant - 104 Myrtle Avenue, Long Branch, NJ
- Pearl of Lisbon - 609 Broadway, Long Branch, NJ
Category: Seafood Restaurant
National Register of Historic Places listings include--
- Chauncy Jerome Jr Shipwreck Site, Long Branch City -- The ship was built in 1851, the Chauncey Jerome Jr was a packet ship of the Blue Ball Line. The wreck lies within the Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park in Long Branch NJ. It is a registered and protected historic place, spearfishing and artifact removal are forbidden.
- Church of the Presidents, 1260 Ocean Ave., Long Branch -- where all seven presidents who visited Long Branch spent time, now the home of the Long Branch Historical Society.
- Murry Guggenheim House, Cedar and Norwood Aves., West Long Branch--This was the summer home of Murry and Leonie Guggenheim and their family. The Guggenheim Mansion, completed in 1905, is located at the corner of Norwood and Cedar Avenues in West Long Branch. In 1960, the Guggenheim Foundation conveyed the estate to Monmouth University (then Monmouth College). The following year, it was dedicated as the Murry and Leonie Guggenheim Memorial Library.
- House at 364 Cedar Avenue, 364 Cedar Ave., Long Branch
- MacGregor-Tallman House, 407 Monmouth Rd., West Long Branch
- North Long Branch School-Primary No. 3, 469 Church St., Long Branch
- Shadow Lawn, Cedar & Norwood Avenues, Long Branch - Mansion built for the president of the F.W. Woolworth Company. After the Depression, it became part of Monmouth College.
Long Branch NJ, is one of the largest cities on the Jersey Shore. From the period of the 1860’s through the First World War, it was also the most glamorous. Long Branch’s early years as a resort town was a virtual “Who’s Who” of society, including such names as Astor, Fisk, & Drexel – and even more notorious names such as Diamond Jim Brady and Lily Langtree.
First Lady Mary Todd Lincoln visited in 1861, but it was in 1869 that Long Branch NJ had it’s first presidential visit by President Grant. The President continued to visit every summer that he was president, and continued for many years after that.
Long Branch was a beach resort town in the late 18th century. In the 19th century it was a "Hollywood" of the east, where some of the greatest theatrical and other performers of the day gathered and performed.
It was visited by presidents Chester A. Arthur, James A. Garfield, Ulysses S. Grant, Benjamin Harrison, Rutherford B. Hayes, William McKinley, and Woodrow Wilson. Seven Presidents Park, a park near the beach, is named in honor of their visits. The Church of the Presidents, where all seven worshiped, is the only structure left in Long Branch associated with them.
President Garfield was brought to Long Branch in the hope that the fresh air and quiet might aid his recovery after being shot on July 2, 1881, an incident that left the assassin's bullet lodged in his spine. He died here on September 19, 1881, exactly two months before his 50th birthday. The Garfield Tea House, built from railroad ties that carried Garfield's train, is in Elberon.
The 1920’s witnessed the beginning of Long Branch’s decline as a fashionable summer destination. Gambling laws stopped many of the rich and famous from visiting and wicked storms eroded Long Branch’s famed beachfront.
Long Branch grew when Italian, Irish and Jewish immigrants settled in during this period. By the 1950s, Long Branch like many other towns had developed new residential spots and housing to make room for the growing population. Many of the former farms of Long Branch were transformed into residential suburbs. Many of the estates and a few old historic resorts (with the addition of many new ones) still remain.
Long Branch rebounded, and visitors again enjoy the beaches, a new boardwalk, as well as Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park, a 33-acre county park with facilities for swimming, boating and picnicking. Some of the summer bungalows have been replaced with high-rise condos. There is also a large selection of outstanding restaurants as well as a lively nightlife for the young and hip – or the young at heart.
The famous Long Branch Saloon of the American Old West, located in Dodge City, Kansas, was originally named that by its first owner, William Harris, who had moved west from Long Branch, New Jersey, his hometown.
Long Branch Community Blog
Recently Listed - View All
505 Springdale Long Branch, NJ 07740 $559,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
787 Ocean Avenue 403 Long Branch, NJ 07740 $689,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft High-Rise
22 Emmons Street Long Branch, NJ 07740 $539,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft A-Frame
82 Ocean Terr Long Branch, NJ 07740 $879,900 3 Beds 3 Baths 2,150 Sq Ft Attached
152 Sixth Avenue Long Branch, NJ 07740 $289,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Duplex
10 Whitman Terrace Long Branch, NJ 07740 $885,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,000 Sq Ft Attached
65 Cedar Avenue A11 Long Branch, NJ 07740 $299,000 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
721 Greens Avenue 28 Long Branch, NJ 07740 $359,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,524 Sq Ft End Unit
357 Monmouth Road West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $275,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Business
627 Gerard Avenue Long Branch, NJ 07740 $285,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
377-379 Indiana Avenue Long Branch, NJ 07740 $489,000 5 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
37 White Street Long Branch, NJ 07740 $465,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Land (Residential)
109 Park Avenue Long Branch, NJ 07740 $2,299,000 9 Beds 8 Baths 6,000 Sq Ft Colonial
33 Cooper Avenue 115 Long Branch, NJ 07740 $849,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 2,169 Sq Ft Attached
37 White Street Long Branch, NJ 07740 $465,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
3 Navesink Court Long Branch, NJ 07740 $449,900 3 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
31 Cedar Avenue 23 Long Branch, NJ 07740 $349,000 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
872 Red Oaks Drive Elberon, NJ 07740 $895,000 6 Beds 3 Baths 1,810 Sq Ft Ranch
489 Tabor Street Long Branch, NJ 07740 $650,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,400 Sq Ft Colonial
16 Airsdale Avenue Long Branch, NJ 07740 $464,900 3 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Contemporary
500 Bath Avenue Long Branch, NJ 07740 $439,900 5 Beds 3 Baths 2,000 Sq Ft Colonial
218 5th Avenue N 1 Long Branch, NJ 07740 $355,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 1,632 Sq Ft Attached
364 Westwood Avenue 86 Long Branch, NJ 07740 $149,900 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Attached
801 Ocean Avenue 2A Long Branch, NJ 07740 $3,400,000 4 Beds 5 Baths 3,500 Sq Ft Mid Rise
Upcoming Open Houses - View All
33 Cooper Avenue 118 Long Branch, NJ 07740 $544,000 1 Beds 2 Baths 1,483 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSun 1-3pm
6 Poplar Avenue West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $490,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Cape CodOpen HousesSun 11am-1pm
3 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $438,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,389 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
13 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $429,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,410 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
16 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $429,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,410 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
9 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $424,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,410 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
12 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $424,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,410 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
8 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $419,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,410 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
1 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $419,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,410 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
5 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $419,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,410 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
14 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $409,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,389 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
10 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $404,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,389 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
11 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $404,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,389 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
7 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $399,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,389 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
6 Fields Way West Long Branch, NJ 07764 $399,950 2 Beds 4 Baths 2,389 Sq Ft AttachedOpen HousesSat 12-4pmSun 12-4pm
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 341 Listings For Sale
- $953,237 Average Listing Price
- $524 Average Listing Price per Square Foot
Sold Market Stats
- 3 Properties Sold