Bridgewater Twp. Real Estate Listings and Information
Bridgewater Township is located in Somerset County, New Jersey. A relatively large (over 32 square miles) suburban area in the state’s picturesque Skylands Region, it borders 13 other municipalities. The northeastern portion of Bridgewater is where the first ridge of the Watchung Mountains passes through. The north branch of the Raritan River forms the township's western border with Branchburg.
Bridgewater’s Diverse Communities
Bridgewater is made up of a number of communities and sections, one of which is the residential hamlet of Martinsville. With its own commercial center, its own post office and ZIP code, Martinsville is home to several interesting New Jersey sights:
- For history buffs, the Mount Bethel Baptist Meetinghouse is a local church built in 1761 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Fans of Weird NJ can pay a visit to The Devil's Tree, an oak that stands alone in a field on Mountain Road. Legend claims the tree is property of the Devil and an entryway to hell.
- The Spring Run section of town features a Revolutionary War cemetery- burial grounds for both American and British troops as well as some early settlers of the area.
Other Bridgewater communities include:
- Bradley Gardens is one of the township’s older residential areas, but also includes some newer developments and a commercial area.
- Eastern North Branch is located east of the Raritan River.
- Finderne is an eclectic area featuring older neighborhoods, newer developments, multi-unit housing, commercial and industrial areas.
- Green Knoll is a residential neighborhood dotted by major commercial developments and government facilities including the Bridgewater Commons Mall, an office park, municipal building, police station and Bridgewater-Raritan High School.
- Country Club/Meadow Road Area, also referred to as "the Van Holten area", is comprised almost completely of residential homes.
- Milltown/Vanderveer Road Area, located northeast of Bradley Gardens, is a residential community with many new homes being built in recent years.
- Sunset Lake surrounds a manmade lake in the northern part of Bridgewater and is located near the interchange of Interstate 287 and Interstate 78.
Bridgewater is part of the Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District. Schools in this district include:
Primary Schools (grades pre-K through 4):
- Adamsville School
- Bradley Gardens School
- Crim School
- Hamilton School
- John F. Kennedy School
- Milltown School
- Van Holten School
Intermediate Schools (grades 5-6):
Middle School (grades 7-8)
High School (grades 9-12)
Getting to and from Bridgewater
NJ Transit train service on the Raritan Valley Line serves Bridgewater riders to and from Newark Penn Station.
Three local airports serve the Bridgewater area: Solberg-Hunterdon Airport, Somerset Airport and Central Jersey Regional Airport. Open to the public, they each offer charter flight services as well as flight training and other aviation-related services.
Newark Liberty International Airport is located approximately 32 miles away.
Shopping and Dining
With anchor stores Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s and Lord & Taylor, the Bridgewater Commons Mall has something for everyone. Throw in a diverse mix of more than 170 specialty shops and the Village at Bridgewater Commons, a delightful outdoor promenade adjacent to the Mall, and you have one of the best, all-inclusive shopping experiences in New Jersey.
Feel like taking a break from shopping and taking in a movie? Visit the AMC Theaters at Bridgewater Commons and see all the newest releases.
Dining throughout Bridgewater varies from delicious takeout to the ultimate in fine dining. The township offers residents and visitors more than 176 different restaurants, pubs, cafes and fast-food options, with a broad spectrum of cuisine that will satisfy a discriminating…or not so discriminating palate.
Parks and Recreation
Washington Camp Ground is preserved land on which George Washington’s army encamped during the winter of 1778-79.
Washington Valley Park in Martinsville is a great place for a day hike or bike trip. Thomae Park along the eastern side of Bridgewater offers a playground, basketball court, baseball field, and hiking trail.
Other great parks and recreational facilities in the Somerset County Park System include:
- Colonial Park
- Duke Island Park
- Leonard J Buck Garden
- North Branch Park
- Little Brook Sanctuary
- Sourland Mountain Preserve
- Washington Rock Park
The Somerset Patriots, a professional baseball team based in Bridgewater Township, are a member of the Freedom Division of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. From the 1999 season to the present, the Patriots have played their home games at the 6,100-seat TD Bank Ballpark.
The Green Knoll Tennis Center offers 18 courts amid two outdoor tennis facilities, open for day and night play from April through October.
Lord Stirling Stables provide horse riding activities for riders of all ages and skill levels throughout the spring, summer and fall months.
The Torpey Athletic Complex consists of one lighted baseball field, one lighted grass softball field and a state-of-the-art synthetic turf multi-purpose athletic field.
Bridgewater Twp. Community Blog
Recently Listed - View All
17 Cain Ct Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-3701 $170,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
15 Glen Eagles Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1339 $609,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
860 Sherwood Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1321 $429,900 4 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
246 Marcia Way Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-5680 $279,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
1400 Mountain Top Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1842 $1,799,000 6 Beds 8 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
8 Avery Ct Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2593 $605,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
104 Bonney Court Bridgewater, NJ 08807 $2,375 2 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Single Family
764 Newmans Lane Bridgewater, NJ 08836 $367,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Single Family
1018 Lakeview Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-3552 $438,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Cape Cod
799 W Foothill Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807 $668,900 5 Beds 6 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
75 Twin Oaks Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2345 $635,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
818 Quarry Ln Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08836-2114 $499,900 4 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Custom
1502 Bayley Ct Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-3553 $465,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Level
382 Waterview Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2083 $389,990 3 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
122 Bonney Court Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2087 $395,000 2 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
271 Farmer Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1535 $819,000 5 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
3 Peach Tree Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 07920-3503 $499,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch
59 Finderne Ave Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-3148 $399,000 5 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Multi-Family
10 Stanford Dr Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-3430 $195,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Residential
94 Bradley Ln Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-2604 $658,000 5 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
1923 Us Highway 22 Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08876 $1,400,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
1045 Rector Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-1319 $595,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
10 Saratoga Ave Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08805-1232 $429,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
267 Foothill Rd Bridgewater Twp., NJ 08807-3032 $350,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Bi-Level
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 680 Listings For Sale
- $573,962 Average Listing Price
Sold Market Stats
- 103 Properties Sold