Morris Plains Real Estate Listings and Information
Morris Plains NJ
Morris Plains, billing itself "the Community of Caring," is a Borough in Morris County, New Jersey. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough population was 5,236, and the borough has a total area of 2.6 square miles, of which only 0.04 square miles of it (0.76%) is water.
Morris Plains was incorporated as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature in 1926 from portions of Hanover Township. Morris Plains serves as a bedroom community for workers in New York City. The Morristown Line of New Jersey Transit provides commuters with direct access to New York Penn Station and to Hoboken Terminal.
Morris Plains is also a major base of operations for Pfizer, previously the headquarters for Warner-Lambert. Pfizer also sponsors the Health and Medical Science Academy at Morristown High School and has an annual 5k race around Morris Plains.
The Morris Plains Schools educate public school students from kindergarten through 8th grade. Schools in the district are Mountain Way School for grades K-2 and Borough School for grades 3-8.
Students in public school for grades 9-12 attend Morristown High School, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Morris School District which also serves the communities of Morristown and Morris Township (for grades K-12).
St. Virgil School, a Catholic school serving grades PreK-8, operates under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson.
Points of Interest include--
- Veterans Memorial Park - Local ballfields off Zeek Road, Morris Plains
- Watts Property Park - An open space east of Veterans Park, Morris Plains
- Mountain Way Area - An open space park. Mountain Way, Morris Plains. This 190-acre municipal park is the location of the highest point above sea level in Morris County, Watnong Mountain. The vistas from the mountain were important during the Revolutionary War for signaling, and the detection of troop movements. The posting was then known as Beacon Hill, and for troops of the Continental Army
- Morris Plains Community Park and Museum - located at 51 Jim Fear Drive, Morris Plains. The Museum for the Borough of Morris Plains located at Community Park.
- Greystone Park Psychotherapy Hospital - Located at 59 Koch Ave, Morris Plains. Greystone Park, originally named The New Jersey State Insane Asylum, opened in 1887 on 400 acres of prime farmland. It was the equivalent of a self-contained city and boasted the largest continuous building foundation in the nation prior to the construction of the Pentagon.
- Morris Plains Library and adjoining Roberts Garden - Established by Jonathan Roberts, a successful New York businessman who moved to Morris Plains in the late 1800s. One of the most famous historic sites in town, located at 77 Glenbrook Road, Morris Plains.
- Homer Davenport - Famous political cartoonist and author who moved to Morris Plains in the early 1900s. He is credited with Teddy Roosevelt's election and the importation of Arabian horses into the United States. He settled in northern New Jersey, first in East Orange, then on a 27-acre estate on Tabor Road north of Morris Plains. He hosted large parties attended by celebrities and influential people of the day, including Ambrose Bierce, Lillian Russell, Thomas Edison, William Jennings Bryan and Buffalo Bill Cody. The Morris Plains Museum has a collection in his honor.
- The Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms - Located at 2352 Route 10 West, Morris Plains, Craftsman Farms is the former home of designer Gustav Stickley, founder of The Craftsman, a periodical that expounded the philosophy of the "Arts and Crafts" style of home building and furnishing. Built in 1911, the log house is one of the most significant landmarks of the American Arts and Crafts movement.
- Morris Plains Farmers Market - Located at the Speedwell Avenue Extension, off Rte. 202, Morris Plains, on summer and fall Saturdays, 9am-2pm.
Some restaurants include--
- Tiffany's Restaurant & Bar (Barbecue and American) - 231 Speedwell Avenue, Morris Plains
- Arthur's Tavern (Steakhouse), 700 Speedwell Ave, Morris Plains
- Cinnamon (Indian), 2920 Rte. 10 W., Morris Plains
- Tabor Road Tavern (American-New), 510 Tabor Rd., Morris Plains
- Grato - (Italian), 2230 Rte. 10 W., Morris Plains
- Hunan Chinese Room (Cantonese, Hunan, Sichuan), 255 Speedwell Ave., Morris Plains
- Minado (Sushi), 2888 Rte. 10 W., Morris Plains
- Carmel Haifa (Middle Eastern), 682 Speedwell Avenue, Morris Plains
- Aji Sushi (Sushi and Japanese), 645 Speedwell Ave, Morris Plains
- Collins Bar and Restaurant (Pub Food), 688 Speedwell Ave, Morris Plains
- Ronnie's All American Bar-B-Que (Sandwiches) - 599 Speedwell Avenue, Morris Plains
- Minado Restaurant (Sushi and Japanese), 2888 New Jersey 10, Morris Plains
- Il Villaggio Restaurant (Italian), 22 Gibraltar Dr, Morris Plains
- Lemongrass Viet-Thai Restaurant (Asian), 1729 State Rt 10 East, Morris Plains
- Primavera's Pizza (Italian), 401 Speedwell Avenue, Morris Plains
National Register of Historic Places listings include--
- Morris Plains Station, Speedwell Ave., Morris Plains
- Illumination Gas Plant of the New Jersey State Asylum for the Insane at Morris Plains, Old Dover Rd., Parsippany
Morris Plains Community Blog
Recently Listed - View All
23B Foxwood Dr Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2650 $315,000 2 Beds 1.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
64 Stiles Ave Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-1857 $499,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
11 Lindstrom Rd Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2407 $299,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
308 Rotando Way Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2953 $467,500 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
3 W Hillside Ct Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2008 $535,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
16Ad Foxwood Dr Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2650 $329,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,232 Sq Ft Townhouse
2 Glenbrook Rd Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2207 $2,350 0 Beds 0 Baths 1,400 Sq Ft Commercial
14 Morris Plains Ave Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2432 $279,000 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
40 Stiles Ave Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-1817 $465,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,702 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
6 Elizabeth Ct Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2408 $455,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Cape Cod
Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2650 $339,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
19J Foxwood Dr Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2644 $219,000 1 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,008 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
79 Malapardis Rd Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2508 $450,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,200 Sq Ft Bi-Level
309 Mountain Way Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-1909 $625,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
149 Sun Valley Way Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2017 $629,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 3,130 Sq Ft Contemporary
8 Greenwood Rd Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2909 $580,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
12 Kosakowski Dr Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-1978 $889,000 5 Beds 5.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
9 Beech Dr Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2401 $599,500 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
5 Schoolview Dr Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2509 $545,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
142 Sun Valley Way Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2042 $595,000 4 Beds 3.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
22 Franklin Pl Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2205 $495,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,680 Sq Ft Colonial
546 Speedwell Ave Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2134 $575,000 0 Beds 2 Baths 1,300 Sq Ft Commercial
19 Park Rd Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950-2511 $920,000 4 Beds 3.5 Baths 4,164 Sq Ft Colonial
610 Lopez Ln Morris Plains Boro, NJ 07950 $470,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 1,779 Sq Ft Townhouse
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 34 Listings For Sale
- $500,800 Average Listing Price
- $248 Average Listing Price per Square Foot
Sold Market Stats
- 4 Properties Sold